On November 8, 2013, the deadliest natural disaster in Philippines’ history, Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan), stole the lives of over 6,000 mothers and fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers, brothers and sisters, and countless children.
More than 16 million people have been affected by this horrific tragedy, their world ripped apart with every loss…their hopes torn from tortured hearts.
Though we are scattered across the globe, we are connected to their anguish, we feel their sorrow as if it were our own. They need our help, our empathy, our compassion, our action!
Over 30 gifted composers hailing from 16 countries collaborated on an inspirational album, initiated by Peter Ebbinghaus to raise funds for the victims of this catastrophe. All profits from the album, and companion ebook, will go to Gawad Kalinga (“give care”), supporting the efforts in distributing food and rebuilding the devastated lives and damaged cities across the Philippines. More information on the album can be found at the Soundtracks and Trailer Music site.
Each of the 28 tracks instills a sense of hope, whispering of a new dawn. Every note holds the promise of rebirth, strengthening the power of will to rise again. The soul of the music demands that we fight back, it is in our nature to survive, to persevere, to strive for a life that is once again beautiful. This is not the end–a new dawn shall find their hearts healed, once again whole.
Together, we are a commanding force for change, forging a global act of kindness that will ripple through the sea of souls and restore the broken, battered pieces of our humanity.
- A New Dawn – Satnam Ramgotra, Nicolas Neidhardt, Wayne Sharpe
- Our Nature – Valentin Boomes
- Existence – Nick Murray
- Spes Et Libertas – Iliya Zaki
- Rise Again – Red Ochsenbein feat. Deane Ogden & Stefan Schroff
- A Cup of Peace – Attila Áts
- Continuum – Ed Watkins
- Rebirth – Tera feat. Gabriel Lee
- Dumakulem – Juan Iglesias
- God Is With You – Hendric Bünck feat. Pascale Scarabin
- The Best Is yet to Come – Daniel Vulcano feat. Fabiano Pereira
- This Is Not the End – Petteri Sainio
- Hymn of Faith – Jochem Weierink
- Fighting Back – Dreammaker
- Aurora – Renan Javier Cabrera
- Right Time – Brisom
- Into the Unknown – Geoffrey Vernon
- Renaissance – Ainan Celeste Cawley
- Beautiful Life – Lauri Koivisto
- Hope – Debbie Teong feat. Hope [the singer’s name really is Hope]
- The Power of Will – Ivan Torrent
- Moonside – Raphael Tschernuth
- The Phoenix – Celestia
- New Days – Coldnoise
- Your Heart Is Brave – Synthphonia feat. Monika Emat
- Requiem for a Queen – M² feat. Dina Fanai [M² consists of Michael A. Levine & Man Parrish]
- No More – Phillip Lober feat. Cedric Hyon
- One – Ryo Ishido feat. Nik Kershaw
In the spirit of collaboration, 28 writers from across the globe will join me in discovering the stories of triumph lurking in the notes of each track, waiting for us to pull it into words. The final tales will be compiled into a companion ebook anthology for the album, with all proceeds going to Gawad Kalinga.
All 28 participating authors will be added to the Master Track List, with links to their contribution once they’re complete. Stories can be up to 1000 words or less, following an uplifting theme of HOPE, with a posting deadline of December 31st. The album cover, designed by the talented, Ryo Ishido, will be used as the contributor badge–please display on your site with a link back to the main page.
Interested authors can contact me via FB message, with your top two track choices*album featured in side bar music player*. Be sure to check the Master Track List for available tracks. Music will be assigned on a first come/ first serve basis. All tracks have been assigned. Thank you for your interest and stay tuned for more exciting collaborations in 2014!